We have some new events to update you on for 2021.
The 1562 Open will be held on Sunday 11 July and will consist of one round stroke play over the 1562 course.
This will be open to both males and females and will be a multi-tee competition where you can submit your score from your chosen tee.
A pairs competition where one round will be held on the Broomfield Course (Saturday 31 July) and a round on the 1562 Course (Sunday 1 August).
The format is pairs (two players) and stableford scoring.
A new Links Cup pairs 54-hole better-ball stableford with a round at the Montrose 1562, Panmure and Monifieth Medal.
This will be held at Montrose on 1 September, Panmure on 2 September and Monifieth on 3 September.
You can book online for all of our events here
World Handicapping System
You can peruse the handicap charts through the relevant links below:
And you can read more about the World Handicapping System here.
Our Head Golf Professional Jason Boyd is also on hand with more information when he is on starter duties.
The US Masters
a Masters Preview from our professional, Jason Boyd
The first golf major of the year is nearly upon us with the US Masters starting next week.
The mystique and anticipation of the Masters is like no other golf tournament.
And the beauty of the 2021 renewal is that we only had wait 21 weeks from when Dustin Johnson sank the winning putt last November before we get to do it all again.
Augusta National Golf Club is the most pristine and manicured golf property on the planet.
It’s where nothing is left to chance, where golfing history is made each year, where a player’s mettle is tested to its absolute maximum.
The US Masters, as the first major of the season, always captures the imagination of the golfing world.
Plenty of questions will be answered at what will be the 85th tournament.
- Can World Number 1 Dustin Johnson become the first player since Tiger Woods (who else) in 2001/2 to win back-to-back Green Jackets?
- Can Bryson DeChambeau bring Augusta National to its knees and capture his second major championship?
- Can the “Major Machine” and 2021 PGA Tour winner Brooks Koepka win his fifth major title in less than three years?
- Can Rory McIlroy finally complete his major championship Grand Slam?
- Can Jon Rahm finally deliver a Major victory?
- Can Justin Thomas capture a second Major title?
If you are looking to see who to put your money on, then I am going for Xander Schauffele or Scotty Scheffler to win their first green jacket.
One thing’s for sure, Augusta, Amen Corner and the first major of the year never lets us down.
I can’t wait… it’s time to bookmark this page
And here’s your chance to test your US Masters knowledge … answers in a fortnight.
- Larry Mize won in 1987 in a play-off with Greg Norman and who else?
- What year was the first play-off at The Masters?
- What are the fans famously called at Augusta?